Saturday, May 07, 2005

New job for Mama

Yesterday I got hired to work at the Junction City retirement home. They wanted me for 5 days a week -- 7 AM to noon doing housekeeping in the common areas of the home (dining rooms, gathering rooms, bathrooms, halls, offices, etc). I didn't want to work every day, so told them if they had someone else who would do 3 days, I would do it, otherwise they should forget about me. Well, the manager called back and asked me if I would work Tuesday and Thursday. I said yes. I think it will be good. I'll be able to talk with the residents while I'm there, and that feels a lot more like opportunity for ministry than the housecleaning I have been doing for a family 2 times a month. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good decision. This next week I'll go in for training on Monday and Thursday
(because Joann will be here on Tuesday!! Clappy )

Today Daddy and I have been sorting things in the shop and garage and getting things ready for the upcoming garage sale.

Last night we went to see "Phantom of the Opera". It was good, but I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. It's a horrible story really! Have any of you seen it?

'Hope you're all having good times and enjoying life.
I love you! Kisses

Mama





No comments: