Sunday, November 20, 2005

Daddy's ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS . . .(revised)

This is dad. I've been pondering this Christmas gift thing for awhile, with little success. I suppose there are some 'things' that would 'make my day', such as:

- the Coming of Jesus!!! Wow! That would be fantastically fantastic!!

- the total healing of Holly! No 'thing' could compare to that!

- a visit from my 'kids' - Hey, you could give mom and I a combined gift here!

But down to the ordinary - I have three books I'd like -

Fourth Dawn (A.D. Chronicles, #4) by Bodie Thoene $13.59 at Amazon, less on ebay?
Light from Heaven, Jan Karon $17. 79 at Amazon - ebay?
The Temptation (Mustard Seed), Nancy Moser - $5 used through Amazon or ebay?

Also, my billfold from Beth 15 years ago is showing signs of wear, though still good for awhile yet . . .

A new belt would be nice, though I would probably find one at Goodwill if I want one.

I have plenty of clothes - items from 20 years ago still work for me!

I have lots of ties - perhaps I'll pass a few on this Christmas - beware of what you open!

I like gadgets (at least for a few days before I lose interest).

I like dried fruit - craisins, most all flavors . . .

I like DVD's that I can trade in for other DVD's if I want to . . .

Most of all I like you, my family, who make me so very proud. Few dads not only survive marriage to one sweety, but also six kids (yes, six - I'm anticipating meeting the missing one some day) who love Jesus and seek to live like it. I am greatly blessed and look forward to being together with you for whatever time works out this holiday season. And some fun internet video times with you special and missed ones in Singapore!

Enough! Time for church and choir. God bless you every one!!!!

No comments: