Thursday, October 21, 2004

Blessings and Fun!!

First off, THANK YOU DANNY FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS LIST. This is a good place for all of us to post that. Let's all start working on it (me, too!)

If you talked to Beth, she could tell you that I don’t sound like myself. I caught a cold that has left my voice lacking something. Sometimes I squeak, and sometimes the voice doesn’t want to come out at all. Other times it’s almost normal, but not really…. I also have a cough that’s pretty bad at times, and other times it doesn’t bother me at all. What a blessing this has been! Yes! I meant to say that! I haven’t felt sick, but I didn’t feel like I should be around people – especially baby Isabella. So I haven’t been able to go into Eugene to help Grandma with her babysitting job. That means that I’ve been able to stay home and get some things done around here! I’ve loved it! Of course there are still things to be done, but I’ve made some major progress. Today I even put up my Fall decorations.

Tonight (Wednesday) we had home group here at our house. It was sort of a housewarming for us. It was fun! So I spent the day cleaning and baking, etc. There were 13 people here including us, and it was very comfortable, with room for more. We visited and ate after everyone had a tour of the house. Then we had worship and prayer time. They started that with a prayer of blessing on our house and us. They also gave us a nice potted Mum and a bowl of chocolates (M-m-m :^). We really enjoyed the evening.

I have to tell you that this home group has one guy in it who plays the guitar and leads worship. He also brings a box full of percussion ‘instruments’ – like shakers (one looks like an apple), bongos, a hollow gourd with grooves on the side that you run a stick up and down, etc. Well last night I got out my own instrument…. The alligator from Papua New Guinea! Danny and Betsy will remember giving that to us. Up to this point it’s just been a decoration, but I actually played it last night! Fun! Can you imagine that?!

I love you all and pray for you always. I know you're all busy, but it would be good to hear from some of you silent ones.


No comments: