No big news on the real estate front, which is to some extent good news. As far as we know the purchase of the Junction City house is moving along - I was told that if all goes well, we could close in a week, or perhaps early in the following week (Aug. 24 or so). I'm hoping to start some moving next weekend with the main move Aug. 26 -28, depending on helpers schedules. The Roseburg house has no news other than a few more showings and two people who have expressed interest to the current renters. I hope to get the results of the appraisal today and hope it will be in the $130,000+ area. The Eugene home has a sign and brochures in front - about 30 of the brochures have been picked up. We have an ad going in the Saturday and Sunday register-Guard and have an Open House Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 PM. A young couple came to see the place last evening and seemed interested, but we haven't heard back from them. We'll see how the Open House goes, then re-evaluate our direction - perhaps go with the Multiple Listing Service, which means a much higher cost to sell.
This week is the Scandinavian festival in Junction City. Mama, grandma, Kris and kids went on Thursday and since Saturday is Norwegian Day, hope to return some then. So far I've gone frisbee golfing instead . . .
Hope all is well - would love to have you come to the Sandinavian festival and our Open House! But perhaps waiting until we move would be better . . .