Friday, November 19, 2004

Ow-eee!

Just thought you all should know that I tripped in our hallway on Monday, and in catching myself I hurt my hand pretty badly (fortunately it's my left hand). I waited until Wednesday afternoon to go to the doctor for an x-ray. By then it was swollen and a bit discolored, and it still hurt to use that hand at all. The finding is that I have an 'aclusion fracture' at the base of my middle finger. That sounds worse than it really is, I think. As I understand it, the ligament that holds the bones together was torn, so there is some separation there. The x-ray showed a small line that looks like a crack in the bone, but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, I have to wear a splint on my finger for 3 weeks. It doesn't hurt much as long as I have that on, but it sure makes some of the things I do difficult! It's going to be hard for me to NOT take it off occasionally to make 'doing' easier!

No comments: